Kentucky Department of Revenue Kentucky Department of Revenue Kentucky Department of Revenue Kentucky Department of Revenue

Tax Relief for Victims of Severe Storms, Tornadoes, Straight-line Winds and Flooding in Kentucky [PDF - 201KB]

As of mid-April 2012, the President has declared Adair, Ballard, Bath, Campbell, Carroll, Grant, Grayson, Johnson, Kenton, Larue, Laurel, Lawrence, Magoffin, Martin, Menifee, Montgomery, Morgan, Ohio, Pendleton, Rowan, Russell, Trimble and Wolfe counties a federal disaster area.  Please check this page for updates regarding disaster assistance.

FEMA Registration Process for Areas Hit by Tornadoes

Survivors of the recent Kentucky tornadoes who suffered damage should register for disaster assistance with the Federal Emergency Management Agency, even if they have insurance or aren’t sure they’re eligible for help.

Federal disaster assistance may provide for losses not covered by insurance. Grants may be available to help pay for rental assistance and emergency home repairs. Reimbursement for other serious disaster-related expenses may include medical, dental, funeral or burial costs.

Click here for more information on federal disaster assistance.

Tax Relief for Victims of Severe Storms [PDF - 201KB] 

Sales Tax Filing Information for Retailers Affected by Recent Storms

• If you have been impacted by the recent disasters and have a question about obtaining copies of your Kentucky tax records, please call our main taxpayer assistance line at (502) 564- 4581.  There is no charge for providing you copies of your returns but we cannot disclose that information to a third party without your written permission.

•  Department of Revenue personnel will be at Disaster Recovery Centers in Morgan, Johnson, Menifee, Lawrence, Laurel and Magoffin Counties on Monday’s and Friday’s as needed.  We will have handouts on Kentucky tax information available at the Disaster Recovery Centers during each center’s hours of operation.

• If you live in or have a business in a disaster area and were working with Department of Revenue personnel on a collections case, please contact our Division of Collections at (502) 564–4921,  ext. 5353 for assistance.

• If you live in or have a business in a disaster area and have a property tax question, please contact the Department at (502) – 564- 8338, option 1.

• There is extensive federal tax information for disaster victims at:,,id=156138,00.html


Last Updated 6/17/2014
Contact Us | Taxpayer Bill of Rights