Software Developer's Information
Our Software Developer's Information area is designed to provide information for tax software developers who are interested in electronic filing, 2D barcoding and/or recreating substitute forms for the Commonwealth. Click on the links to the left or below for additional information.
Announcements and Important Dates
- Tax Year 2013 Form 720 MeF ATS test scenarios are pending.
- TY2013 BMF Start Up is scheduled for 1/13/2014. KY will delay our BMF start date to March. The exact date to be determined.
- TY2013 v1.2 Form 720 Schema posted on 2/25/2014. Please see the Corporate Income Tax section on the Modernized Electonic Filing web page (link found below).
- TY2013 v1.1 Form 720 Schema posted on 1/15/2014.
- Tax Year 2013 for IMF began 1/31/2014.
- Tax Year 2012 MeF ended on 11/23/2013.
- Tax Year 2013 ATS began 11/4/2013 for Forms 740/740-NP.
- The interest rate for 2014 will remain the same as the past two years.
- TY2013 IMF ATS scenarios were posted on 10/14/2013.
- TY2013 Form 740/740-NP draft schema, business rules, reject codes, Publication 4164 posted on 10/8/2013.
- 2D Barcode tests were posted 8/28/2013. Testing began 9/3/2013.
Link directs you to information about Kentucky's electronic filing program including the ATS test returns, state schemas, business rules, reject codes, KY Publication 4163 and KY Publication 4164.
Link directs you to information for developing substitute income tax forms and approval listings.
Department of Revenue contact information for each type tax is included in the Substitute Forms Design document.
Link directs you to the current year 2D barcode information including file layouts, barcode specifications manual, mapped forms, test returns and software approval list.