Software Developer's Information
Our Software Developer's Information area is designed to provide information for tax software developers who are interested in electronic filing, 2D barcoding and/or recreating substitute forms for the Commonwealth. Click on the links to the left or below for additional information.
Announcements and Important Dates
- What's New for Tax Year 2013? [PDF 32K] (Revised 10-30-2013)
- The interest rate for 2014 will remain the same as the past two years.
- TY2013 v0.3 Form 720 Schema posted on 11/25/2013. Please see the Corporate Income Tax section on the Modernized Electonic Filing web page (link found below).
- TY2013 IMF Start Up is tentatively scheduled for 1/21/2014 (IRS announced it could delay the start-up for IMF.)
- TY2013 BMF Start Up is scheduled for 1/6/2014. KY will delay our BMF start date to early February. Exact date to be determined.
- Tax Year 2012 MeF ended on 11/23/2013.
- Tax Year 2013 ATS began 11/4/2013 for Forms 740/740-NP.
- TY2013 ATS scenarios were posted on 10/14/2013.
- TY2013 Form 740/740-NP draft schema, business rules, reject codes, Publication 4164 posted on 10/8/2013.
- 2D Barcode tests were posted 8/28/2013. Testing began 9/3/2013.
Link directs you to information about Kentucky's electronic filing program including the state schema, business rules, reject codes and KY Publication 4164.
Link directs you to information for developing substitute income tax forms and approval listings.
Department of Revenue contact information for each type tax is included in the Substitute Forms Design document.
Link directs you to the current year 2D barcode information including file layouts, barcode specifications manual, mapped forms and software approval list.